Q&A: How do I get rid of, and prevent further, the mildew and mould round my upstairs windows?

Question by jo 🙂: How do I get rid of, and prevent further, the mildew and mould round my upstairs windows?
It’s in the back bedrooms and bathroom and is spreading to the walls.
No matter what commercial stuff I clean it with, it’s back the same day.
Any magical cures?!!

Best answer:

Answer by Rated [R] DXJokerDX (nWo)
Getting Rid of MildewLower humidity levels to make it harder for mildew to grow. Install ventilation fans, set up a dehumidifier or air conditioner, or just open a window to create air flow through a room. Choose drier heating methods, like electric heat (gas and water heat are obviously going to contribute moisture). Pay special attention to high-humidity areas, like shower stalls, bath tubs, the undersides of sinks, and plumbing.
Manage temperatures to discourage mold and mildew growth. Lowered temperatures in areas prone to mold and mildew growth will make it easier to get rid of mildew and prevent more growth. Turn down the heat in bathrooms and laundry rooms when you’re not using them. Avoid using space heaters or high-moisture heat (like radiators) in rooms with additional moisture (like bathrooms).
Keep everything as a dry as possible, since mildew thrives on moisture (wait. haven’t we covered this?). Use a sponge or squeegee to remove excess moisture from areas like shower walls and shower curtains. Avoid leaving damp laundry in a pile or in contact with other surfaces. Hang bath towels on individual hooks. Don’t put dishes away wet. Clean up any spilled or pooling water right away.Clean regularly to prevent and get rid of mold and mildew growth. Scrub shower walls and bath tubs on a regular basis, and use a shower spray after each shower or bath as a preventative measure. Clean oft-ignored and mildew-prone areas like the floor around and underneath a tub, walls behind washing machines, the grouted areas between wall and floor tiles, and the plumbing beneath sinks.
Look for a strong mold- and mildew-inhibiting cleaning agent. Keep in mind that most strong cleaning agents will contain harmful chemicals, especially chorine bleach in the case of mold and mildew. This can be a deterrent if you have children, animals, health problems, or just prefer to use non-toxic natural cleaning products. For more information on commerical mildew cleaners, read the information below.
Commercial Mildew Treatments
Many strong cleaning solutions and treatments will contain diluted chemicals like chlorine, bleach, and sodium hypochlorite that will kill the mold fungi that cause mildew. While these products will be highly effective when getting rid of mold and mildew, the chemical they contain can be toxic and dangerous to you and others. Chemical cleanres can also cause damage to sensitive organic surfaces such as fabric, leather, some paints, and wood.

Luckily, you can find natural alternatives that will still fight mildew and mold. Look for brands like Seventh Generation and Ecover that use plant-based, biodegradable, environmentally friendly products that are just as effective as chemical cleaners.

Give your answer to this question below!